Monday, March 24, 2014

The Coot Surprise

Today as I sat watching the birds at the Bel Air pond before heading to work I notice a young couple get out of their car with several bags filled with bread scraps. As they made their way to the pond the geese, seagulls and ducks made a mad dash to the shore. They knew that soon they would be getting food.

What surprised me was that the coots were heading for the shore as well. This was a change for them. They usually head away when people show up. But they have learn by example from the other fowls what it takes to get food.

When I think about the church I wonder if we are being a good example of a place for others to come to receive God's blessings. When other see us heading into church do they want to come along?

I hope that when the coots of my life see me relying on God for my blessings that they follow me and receive more then they could ever hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment