Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Toddler's Christmas

After a baby first Christmas, he start to learn many things about the holiday. As the years goes by, he learns about Santa Claus. One of the first story he will remember is 'The Night Before Christmas' by Clement Clarke Moore

The tradition of reading this story has become world wide. The Santa you see in this picture recites the whole poem. It is one of my favorite story.

Another favorite story of mine is the story of Christ. I love hearing about Jesus' birth and the three wise men. When I look to the sky, I love the part about the one star that shines on the manger.

When the angels visit the shepperd boy and proclaims the good news of a child, I feel like I am sitting there hearing the same great news.

It is a timeless story like 'The Night Before Christmas'. The difference is that the story of Jesus Christ is a real story, not a made up one for entertainment.

The true Christmas story changes lives and gives us hope. As we read the many Christmas stories to our toddlers, let the story of Jesus' birth be a part of the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment