Monday, May 15, 2017

What A Mother's Day


I had a wonderful Mother's Day. It was not your typical day. I did not get flowers, chocolates or taken out to dinner from my husband. But that is okay.

I did get my flower. As I made my way to church, I stop by McDonald to get my ice tea and was given a rose. From there we drove by the marsh, like I do everyday, but there was no action there. No problem, I would check on there later.


After church, my grandson and I went to Harford Glen to check on the banding project. Take note: it is the month of May. What they had caught in there net was a Cape May Warbler. How cool was that?


But wait. We went by the three fountain pond and there was something unusual laying in the grass. It was a egret. I think it was a Snowy Egret, a first for me. It made my Mother's Day.


My husband came home and after leaving my grandson with his mother, we headed off to do more birding. We stopped by the Rock Run Grist Mill in Susquahanna State Park. Guess what? It was open and we got to see the inside for the first time in all the year we have lived here. Outside the Mill were several Orchard Orioles. What a treat.


The last place we visited was the Conowingo Dam to see the eagles. But it was not the eagle that catch my interest. It was this snake. I have never seen one of these before. It was cool.

The last thing we did was get some subs and headed home. What a Mother's Day.
 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great day! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were happy Dawn, then it was a PERFECT mama's day...glad you enjoyed yourself!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete