Saturday, April 6, 2019

Worth It


Today, I woke up excited about going to Harford Glen. This is one of my favorite place to visit and I looked forward to taking some great pictures. I have to say it was a little disappointing and not worth the trip.

My husband was with me and we decided to check out the Mariner. It started off slow. At one of my special spot to catch the great blue heron proved to be a little disappointing. The heron was there, but, not much action.

As we headed back up the step, the men fishing called out to us and pointed to an osphey that had just caught a fish. Now this was worth it. I could go home feeling like it was a good day.


It was time to leave. Heading to the car, we ran across a family walking a dog that reminded us of an old dog of ours. My husband stopped to talk to them. Low and behold it turns out to be his cousin that he had not seen in over twenty years. This was well worth the trip.


While catching up with them, another surprise can around the bend. It was a old co-worker from Toys R Us. It was good to see her and catch up. This was worth the trip.

The day started off pretty boring. Yet, as the day went on, it just kept getting better and better. Today was worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting on the surprises God has waiting for us, but also living with expectation. Getting up and getting out; being part of the action of the day.

    ReplyDelete