Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hawk Delight


Last week, a dear friend treated me to a night out. It was a dinner put on by the Mill for the birders. This night had a locale birder who trains birds of prey put on a show. I was in hawk delight. After the show we were able to take turn holding on to a Harris Hawk from Texas.

I missed out on the hawk migration watch last mouth. This dinner made up for that beyond my wildest dreams. Also, as I make my rounds at my many favorite locations for bird watching, I have been getting many pictures of hawks.

I caught on camera a Northern Harrier, two Red-tailed Hawks and for the past three days a Red-shoulder Hawk hanging around the marsh. The Cooper Hawk has been hanging at the Mariner and today I caught a him flying around.


At the dinner, the hawk trainer brought a Red-tailed Hawk and a screech Owl. It was a great dinner with a great friend and a true hawk delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment