Saturday, November 18, 2017

Snake Versus Frog


It has been a while since I have been able to blog. Internet issues, lack of sleep and time management gets in the way of my posting. There has been so many times I wanted to share the great find of the day, only to be too tire to think.

On October 4, while walking at the Mariner at 4pm, I went to my favorite spot. I get most of my great shot there. The sun was starting to set and I knew that I would have to leave soon. Something floating in the water caught my eye. At first, I thought is was a human skull. Getting a closer look, I realized it was a Styrofoam head.

As I watched it float away, I heard a splash under me. To my surprise it was a snake that had just caught a large bull frog. For the next 30 minutes I watch the snake and frog battle. With each inch that the snake made its way up the leg of the frog, the frog use every trick he had to escape his fate.

I had witnessed this once before at Harford Glen. That time the frog did escape and live for another day. This poor frog, I am afraid will not be as lucky.

I wanted to stay and see if the snake could actually swallow the whole frog. The sun was setting and it was getting too dark. I did not want to be walking around in the park in the dark by myself. You never know who might be watching to attack.

The next day I went back to the scene of the crime hoping to see if the snake was anywhere to be found. No signs of the snake or the frog. I am left wondering if what the end result was of the snake versus frog battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment