Monday, December 4, 2017

Muskrat Lunch

It has been a while since I could walk the Mariner. Working overnights and getting sick has kept me away. Today was the first time that I had the energy and time to make the trip. So, at lunchtime, I got my food and made my rounds to all my hotspots. 

The Mariner was the last stop. The center fenced-in section of the park is now full of slug and water from the dredging. Because of this, the muskrats have much more space to swim around. They come right up to the fence. It is easier now to get pictures. 

This little guy made several attempts to get the juicy leave just out of his reach. I thought he would fall into the water a couple of times. After enjoying his lunch, he made another try and down in the water he went. His mother was down in the water under him and made sure he was alright before he swam away unharmed.
He did get to enjoy his lunch just as much as I enjoyed watching him eat it. I will be back tomorrow. Who knows what kind of show I will see then.

No comments:

Post a Comment