Thursday, October 4, 2018

Caterpillar Camouflage


There was a new sighting at the Mariner today. It was the first time that I have come across a tiger swallowtail caterpillar. Of course, I had to look it up when I got home. When I saw it moving along the path, it caught my attention because it was different then the bright green one that I has seen many years ago.


I almost stepped on it, because it blended in so well to the pavement. It was a good camouflage. The best camouflage is the fake eyes on the top of his body. When I picked it up with a stick, he displayed his use for this attribute. It was cool watching him swaying back and forth trying to fool me.

So many times in my life, I put on my camouflage and try to fool those around me that I am something that I am not. Those who knows me well can see right through this act of deception.

God is never fooled by my attempt at camouflaging. He sees right into my deepest part of my heart. So, no matter how much I try to be like this caterpillar with his camouflage, I will never win in fooling God.

It was a cool sighting. I was glad to see this caterpillar camouflage.

No comments:

Post a Comment