Saturday, July 13, 2019

Osprey Dinner Time


While having a picnic at a friend's home, my husband called to tell me about an osprey family. The churches' softball teams were having their tournaments all day. My husband noticed that there was a nest on a light pole over the field. So he told me to bring my camera.

The picnic was finishing up and I headed to the ball field. As I parked my car I noticed that one of the parent was hard at work ripping apart a fish and feeding the two juveniles. First the bird in the back ground got his share. Then the one in the front got his turn.

It was cool watching this act of parenting. It was clear that the younger ones were learning from the parent. Several times they would try their luck at pulling at the fish, not to succeed. The parent came to the rescue and by twisting the head pulled a nice piece of morsel and handed it over to the juvenile.


It was a great day to share dinner with my Fellowship Circle friends. It was also a great day to share in the osprey dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment