Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Skyline Thrasher


For the past three years, I have been making plans to drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline drive. I had to cancel the trips due to circumstances beyond my control. The third time was a success.

For most of the drive, the wild life seemed to stay hidden. Every once in a while we would see the birds fly across the road a head of us. A deer or turkey would make a quick showing, only to run into the forest before we could get a good picture.

One of the highlight of the trip was capturing a brown thrasher. I had only seen one once at the Mariner. This bird was too busy enjoying his catch, which gave me a chance to get several pictures.

From the trees to the bushes, than to the ground, he kept me entertained. Even though we saw very little  on this trip, catching the skyline thrasher made the drive worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment