Monday, June 27, 2016

Surprised Muskrat


It was a very hot and humid day. The water looked inviting. I scanned the shore looking for any life seeking a refreshing dip, I must have made too much noise while walking on the boardwalk. This little critter shot out from under it and stood still.

I also stopped dead in my track. He surprised me as much as I must have surprised this little muskrat. He did not more. I did not more. For several minutes we waited. I raised my camera and took my shot. I took a second, than a third. He just stood there as still as a statue.

It was a very hot and humid day. The sweet starting pouring down my face. So, I made the first move. As I took my next step, the muskrat slowly made his way into the water. I guess he was just too hot to be in any hurry. I watched as he slowly made his way to the other side.

I came back a second day to find him still hanging around. He popped out of the water and stood still. It was if he was saying hi. So I raised my camera and took the shot. He did not seemed scared at all. This little muskrat went after getting off several pictures.

I will be back again. I hope it is another hot and humid day. It will be nice to see this surprised muskrat making his rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment