Thursday, June 30, 2016

Exciting Polo Game


My daughter's work place had their annual picnic at the Ledew Gardens. After we had our fill of the wonderful food, we made our way around the gardens. Before long my husband and I got separated from my daughter and grandson. So, we set off to enjoy the garden by ourself.

My phone started to ring. "Hey, Mom, you got to check out the polo game going on." With the directions received, we found the game in progress at the end of the gardens. It was one of the cooless thing I have seen in a long time. I wanted to stay and watch this long held tradition of the gardens.

This was a first for me and the family. We have never seen horse polo before. It was exciting to watch the horses race by trying to be the first to hit the white ball. I wanted to watch the whole game, but the gate would be locked soon and we would have ended up locked out of the entrance back to the garden.

For a few minute, I was transported to a distant past where life seemed simple. I wanted to remain here forever. But like life always does, we had to move on and come back to the present.

Today life seems so hard. As I get older, I long for the past and the simpler times. But, before I get too old, I will enjoy the times I still have. Next year, I plan on watching the whole polo games. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment