Monday, January 22, 2018

Rusty Blackbird


I wake up not feeling all that well. Yet, the sun was shining bright and soon the rain would be settling in. So, I grabbed my camera and set out. I did not last long at the Mariner Point Park. my eyes could not focus on the birds.

About half way through, I knew that I would not make it all the way around. But, than something caught my eyes. It was too hard for me to make it out. Even with my camera, the pair of brown birds was hard to see. So, I took many pictures.

As my made my around the bend, I ran into one of my favorite birding friend. I showed him the picture. George knew right away that it was a pair of rusty blackbirds. This make my count of the different species up to 114.

George has seen them earlier. There were a few other good finds today, that he had pointed out. Here are a few of them. Enjoy. I know that I did, even though I was only there for a short time.

Cardinal


Yellow-bellied Sapsucker


Hermit Thrush


Grackle and Red-winged Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment