Friday, January 1, 2021

What Now?

This squirrel seems to be asking, "What now?" Now that the year 2020 is gone, what does the year 2021 hold for us? That is a question that I am sure is on the minds of many. 

I have spent many years watching the squirrels gather nuts, leaves and any other things that they think is needed to get ready for the future. They do not think about or worry about tomorrow. They just do what comes natural.

We do not have this nature. I watched people as they stocked up on toilet papers, paper towels and whatever else they felt they needed to get through this past year of uncertainty. It is our nature to worry about the future.

The uncetainty of tomorrow has me asking, "What now?" Buying all the toilet paper, paper towels and cleaning supplies will not calm the fear that controls me. So, where do I turn to for answers?

The answers I seek comes from only one source. God has been the source of my future. I do not have to worry about tomorrow. So, when I ask, "What now?" I turn to God and let Him be in control of the answer.

2 comments: