Thursday, January 7, 2021

Got This Hawk

Today, I set off to get away from all the negative news. My heart is hurting for our nation. I wanted to do something to cheer me up. With camera in hand, I headed to Eden Mill in hopes of getting a picture of a painted bunting. I have been seeing pictures of them on Facebook and wanted to try before they were gone.

On the way there, I kept seeing hawks. By the marsh, there was a juvenile red-shoulder hawk on the wire. I drove by thinking that I will see it again. The  bunting was calling. As I made my way through Forest Hill, there was a Northern Harrier. I wanted to stop. But, the bunting was waiting for me.

I finally got to Eden Mill. The first bird I see is a red-tailed hawk flying over head. I tried to gets a picture, but the trees were in the way. I was alright with that. Because, I was ready to see that bunting.

You guest it. No bunting. I looked and looked. I heard and saw several other birds. But, that bunting just would not appear.

On my way out of Eden Mill, I saw a kestrel on the wire. I tried to get a picture of this one. But he was facing the wrong way and I had cars behind me. So, I had to get moving.

I started thinking about all the hawks picutres I could have gotten today if I had just taking the time to stop and take the shot. Than there is was, standing proud and tall on the wire. As I drove past it, I knew I had to turn around and pull over. This red-shoulder hawk was my last chance to get a picture of anything today.

There are so many opportunties in life I have left pass me by, because I was focus on something else I was chasing. I know I need to be more tuned in to what God wants to show me. Hawks were everywhere. I got this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment