Sunday, December 16, 2012

Toys R Us' Wren


Last night when I went into work I kept hearing a chirping sound. There is always some kind of odd noise happening in the store that I am unable to pinpoint the source. But the chirping seemed to come and go and be in different locations. I made it my mission to find out what was causing the sound.

As I made my way to the back of the store something small and brown flew over my head. It was a wren. I felt sorry for the poor little fellow and decided to help it. So I went out to my car and got some bird seeds. I hoped to persuaded the bird to trust me so that I could help him escape. But it flew away further into the store.

When it flew away I prayed to God to tell the bird that I was not out to harm him but to save him.

How often do we wish that our own family and friends could understand that Jesus is not out to harm then but to help them. But just like the wren they flew away afraid of the very person who will save them.

My prayer today is that my loves one hearts are open to the saving grace of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment