Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Missed It

I found out today that I missed seeing a snapping turtle lay eggs at the Mariner. This past Friday she made her way up the shore to the picnic area and dug a hole and proceeded to lay hr eggs for everyone to see.

I missed it because I was feeling under the weather and had not been to the Mariner all week. But now that I know that there are eggs I will be keeping an eye on the spot hoping to see a lot of little turtles like the one pictured here.

I came across this guy two weeks ago when I almost stepped on him. If it wasn't for another guy telling me to watch out this little guy would not be here today.

So for the next 9 to 12 weeks I will be checking on the nest. I just hope the babies don't hatch when I am on vacation. I don't want to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment