Monday, September 15, 2014

Do I Risk It

Only a few things puts the fear in me. Reading this sign when I was at the hospital today did just that. I had to go, so I risked it.

In a couple of weeks I am risking something else. I am having surgery on my back to decompress a couple of discs. I have been dealing with just too much pain in my leg. Two of the discs are pressing on the nerves that runs down my right leg. It has made it hard to sit, stand or walk for any length of time. I have not be able to get a good night sleep for quite a while.

Today I had a lexiscan done at the hospital. This is a stress test done with a shot to speed up my heart rate instead of using the treadmill. When I pass this I will be able to have surgery. Within a few weeks of my surgery I should be able to walk again without the pain.

I miss my nature walks. I miss doing my blogs. I miss feeling normal. Even though the surgery scares me, I am ready to risk it. I want my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment