Tuesday, September 16, 2014

They Beckon Me

After yesterday stress test, I got to talking to the nurses about photography. One of them ask me if I had taken any pictures of the sunflowers off of Hess Road.

"No", I said. "But I was gonna do it the next morning".

Last night it was not just the pain in my leg that kept me from sleep, but the thoughts about sunflowers. They beckoned me.

This morning I set off to get my pictures. I use to think that sunflowers were big, bulky and ugly. But there is something about seeing a whole field of them that takes your breath away.

It is only than I realize the beauty of the single sunflower.

We are like these sunflowers in some ways. When we band together under the power of God, we do amazing things. The beauty of each of us shine.

These days I feel like the big, bulky sunflowers. God beckons me and with the help of the other sunflowers in my life I will shine also.

No comments:

Post a Comment