Monday, April 20, 2015

Goose Nest

For years I have been trying to find and get a pictures of a goose nest. At the marsh I visit everyday, there are many Canada geese nests, but I can never get close enough to get a good shot.

Today I decided to visit a little park in Forest Hill. There is a little island in the middle of the pond. As I walked over the bridge to the island, two Canada geese flew from the opposite side straight for me. I thought that they were flying over for bread or some kind of handout.

To my surprise, they were flying over to protect the nest that I was standing too close to. There inside the nest was an egg. I was so excited.

This year my goal is to try and get pictures of all kinds of nests. I know where a chickadee, nuthatch, osprey and even the great blue heron nests are. Now I just need to catch the babies inside as well.

I did go back to the nest an hour later to discover a second egg. I will check it daily. Maybe there will be more to discover. Until then, I am pleased that I finally got to get my picture of a goose nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment