Friday, September 4, 2015

Dairy Sunflowers

Several times this week I have visited the dairy farm off of route 543. Why, you ask? Because the sunflowers are out.  

Each time I would go, the warblers would fly in and out of the field. This time I stood still and one landed on a sunflower and proceeded to eat of the harvest. 

They were not the only creatures enjoying the flowers. There were many butterflies, bees and bugs making their way around the garden. I tried my best to capture as many of these on the sunflowers.

Of course, I was not the only one taking pictures. Many others were bringing their children to catch that perfect shot. Any one who owned a camera, or a smart phone were among the families in the field.

I must be honest and took about a hundred myself. There is something about sunflowers that brightens up your day. Of course enjoying an ice cream from the dairy farm was a treat as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment