Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I Don't Want To Go


"I don't want to go," my grandson said with crossed arms. "You can't make me."

Every Sunday after church, I take my grandson to Harford Glen when the weather permits. This past Sunday was no different. All he wants to do is go home and get on the kindle. But, once we get there he get excited to see the different creatures we come across.

This Sunday, one of our favorite person was there checking on the many birdhouses. She is so good with my grandson and other children. Since she runs the youth bird club, we often go on bird counts with her.

So, off they went to document what birds are using the boxed birdhouses. While they were out, I got to spend time with two other researchers who were in the process of tagging the birds. They had nets throughout the trails to catch the birds.

It was a great day to learn about the research and see new birds. Both my grandson and I had an eventful day. Yet, I know next Sunday I will hear the same words again. I don't want to go.

But we will go and he will have another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment