Thursday, May 26, 2016

Woodpecker Delight


Today as I headed off to work, I knew that I had a few minutes to visit the Mariner. As I drove in the parking lot. I notice the truck ahead of me stopping for something in the road. It was a snapping turtle heading away from the water to the grassy area.

This was my chance to catch a turtle maybe laying eggs. So I hurried to a spot to park, grab my camera and headed for the turtle. She was gone. I could see the water trail up to the grass. Where she went from there, I could not tell.

So, disappointment set in and I headed back to the path. While talking to a young mother with twin girls, I noticed a red-bellied woodpecker going back and forth from the tree near us. To my delight, I realized that she was feeding her babies.

So I waited and sure enough one of the babies poked its head out. My woodpecker delight made my day. I could leave for work happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment