Monday, July 4, 2016

Red, White And Blue Birds


It is a first for me. My quest to catch a red, white and blue bird for the Fourth of July weekend.

I expected the cardinal to be my example of a red bird. It is the only red bird that I have seen around here in the Harford Glen park. So, when a red bird flew into a tree off in the distant, I assumed it was a cardinal. Upon viewing my shot in the camera, I notice there was something different about this red bird. It had black wings.

It was not a cardinal. It was in fact, a scarlet tanager. I have never seen one, must less get one on camera. This was a first for me.


My white bird of choice is the mute swans at the marsh in Edgewood. This family of eight is now down to a family of four. There is not a day that does not goes by that I do not make my way past this homestead of the pair. I hope to be there when the babies take their first flight.

The last bird I was seeking was a blue bird. I would have been happy to see a blue jay cross my path. But, getting the eastern bluebird was another treat for me. Again the Harford Glen park came through for me. I love this place just as much as I love visiting the Mariner and the Marsh.

All in all it has been a good weekend to catch the colors of the Fourth of July celebration. Happy Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment