Thursday, September 1, 2016

Peek A Boo Bird


It has been a while since I made my rounds at the Mariner. So, today I left early for work and spent about an hour walking the path. With bird seeds and peanuts in hand, I enticed the chickadees, cardinals, grackles and red-winged black birds to the fence.

While I took many pictures, I notice a small bird in the bushes. He would fly in and out playing peek a boo with me. He flew past me several times, before I realize what kind of bird he was. Staying very still, he peeked out of the bush and I got my shot.

It has been many years since I see a common yellowthroat in the Mariner. That one was a male singing his heart out. It was his song that caught my attention.

It was a nice treat to catch the first year male this time. I hope tomorrow he will play peek a boo with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment