Friday, September 16, 2016

Renaissance


This past weekend, I did something that I had never done before. I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival with my daughter, niece and husband. It was something I wanted to do for many years. Even with the temperture feeling over 100 degrees with the humidity, I enjoyed my time.

It was fun seeing the many costumes and performers as we made our way around the castle grounds. Of course, I had to take pictures with the many participants. Out of the four of us, I was the only one in costume myself. How often do you get to pretend you are someone else for a day?

I hope to make this a yearly adventure. It was just too hot to stay the whole day like we had planned. Next year, I will check the forecast and pick a day that is not so unbearable hot. There was so much I wanted to see and experience, but with the sun beating down on us it was just too much.

But, all in all, it was a great day to spend with family, experiencing a new adventure and travel back into time. Next year, I am making my husband dress the part. That will be a first, but worth it all.

2 comments:

  1. I went last year for the first time. It's a lot of fun. I love your costume, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great time loved spending it with yall

    ReplyDelete