Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Cycle Of Life


I try each year to catch the whole cycle of the life of a butterfly. It started when I first saw the Baltimore Checkerspot Butterfly several years ago. I caught the bug for bugs.

The past two weeks I have been keeping an eye on the monarch at Harford Glen. I had hope to see the butterfly in the picture emerge from the chrysalis. This is the one thing that I have not been able to capture on film.

I do like this picture as it shows a cycle of the butterfly. With each stage there is a period of growth. The caterpillar spends weeks eating and growing. Then it is time to create the next stage by forming the chrysalis.


Just a few feet away on another leaf I spy a caterpillar attaching himself for the next cycle. Below, there is another feeding.


I will keep trying and keep taking pictures. I will get the whole cycle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment