Sunday, November 10, 2013

Buried In The Sand

I was amused to see this squirrel bury a peanut in the sand. The tide was down for now but soon it would rise to cover the peanut. I threw another peanut out and this time he took it to a pile of leaves to bury it. A third peanut was buried under a bush. It was though he knew he had to spread the treasures to assure that he would have food throughout the winter months ahead.

It was like he had heard the old adage about not putting all your eggs in the same basket. By spreading his wealth he will have some for those rainy days.

I am glad that I have a Savior who sees me through the winters of life and helps me during my rainy days. I do not have to bury my treasures in the sand only to have the tide come in and take it away. My treasures are safe in my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment