Thursday, June 19, 2014

Muskrat/Squirrel Surprise

I thought before the rain comes in that I would walk around one of my favorite place, Mariner Point Park. I was not prepare for my first surprise of the day.

As I open the car door, gather my camera and fanny pack full of peanuts I felt something crawl up my leg. Imagine my shock at finding a squirrel sitting on my lap begging for peanuts. When I went to open the fanny pack he got excited running all around my legs to get to the pack. With a quick flick of my wrist I sent the peanuts out the door and felt a great sense of relief as the squirrel follow suit.

Once my shock of being accosted by a squirrel subsided I got out of my car and tossed a few more peanuts his way and proceeded to enjoy the morning.

The squirrels were in full force today. They were literally coming out of the woods. So when I notice more movement in a bush I was set to feed another squirrel. But this one was different. It took a minute than I realized that it was a muskrat. He was not much bigger than the squirrels. It must have been a juvenile.

This was a nice surprise. I enjoyed watching as he munched away on the vegetation. All in all my muskrat/squirrel surprises made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment