Friday, June 27, 2014

Mealtime

These doves seems to be enjoying their mealtime together.

I look forward to the mealtimes that I have with family and friends. It is a time of fellowshipping and catching up on the latest news. The food always seems to taste better when you are in great company. There is something about good food and good conversations that make life bearable.

As a child my brothers, sister and I sat around the table. Food was put into bowls and placed at the center. We all took turns filling our plates. You did not leave the table until your plate was cleaned. Being from a big family mealtime was always interesting.

Now I find myself eating alone most of the time. With work schedules and church obligations along with home responsibilities there is too little time to spend at the dinner table. So when I do get to have mealtimes with others I cherish every second we are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment