Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Osprey Must Move

The ospreys in the area love to build their nest on top of electrical and telephone poles. This is a problem because is causes all kinds of issues like power outages.

There are two solutions to this problem. One, build a nest box on a tall pole nearby. Two, put a barrier over the poles that they were using.

I watched last year as a pair of osprey started to build the nest on this pole. They came back this year and finished the job. They started a family and it was interesting watching them. As soon as the babies were old enough to fly the road crew got to work and took the nest down and put up this barrier.

I wonder how many barriers God has to put up to get me to move on? I want to stay where I feel comfortable. Yet God is showing me a new way. I just have to let go and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment