Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Eagle Watching

My husband and I went out to go eagle watching. We were free for the day. My grandson was not here. The weather was great after a cold windy day the day before. With cameras in hand we set off.

When we got to the road that led to the Conowingo Dam, we encounter a road block. It turns out that this day just happen to be "Conowingo Eagles Day." Anyone and everyone who has a love for eagles were trying to get there as well.

We ended up going to the visitor's center parking lot and taking a shuttle bus down to our destination. We waited for about thirty minutes to get on the bus. I was not expecting to see that there were several stands and tables set up for this day.

They were there to give everyone an opportunity to learn about wildlife photography, bald eagles and birding. The best part was that there were many different birds of prey being shown. I was in seventh heaven.

I took so many pictures of these birds that I almost forgot why I was there, and that was to see the eagles. Eagle lovers of every kind were lined up with their cameras. The eagle were showing off for the cameras. It was as if they knew that they were the stars of this day.

This is an yearly event. You can bet that next year I will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment