Saturday, November 15, 2014

Seventy Plus

Four years ago, this simple little turf titmouse caught my attention. He was just too darn cute. So I got to wondering what other cute little birds might be hanging around. This started my search for birds at the Mariner.

Another bird watcher told me once that he had documented over one hundred species. Well! Those that know me, knows that I had to start a count of my own. I wanted to document one hundred plus  as well. I am up to seventy.

Over the past four years these birds have kept me entertained. Some have stolen my heart. While others have peaked my curiosity. I have learned more than I ever thought. Now I teach others about the birds of this park.

I am not an expert. But I do know how to get certain birds to show themselves. I love the reactions of the children and their parents when I can get the chickadees, nuthatches and titmouse to land on the fences.

Before the year is out, I want to say that I have seventy plus. I guess I have a lot of walking and picture taking to do if I hope to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment