Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fall Decor

I can remember seeing decorations for the fall season everywhere long before Thanksgiving. But it seems that the holidays consist of only Halloween and Christmas. Every year Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier, In fact, most stores had their Christmas decorations out before Halloween.

I love Thanksgiving. It is a time to reflect on all the blessings throughout the past year. It is a warm the heart time of year. Families get together and feast on the goodness of this time of season. The harvest is in and we give of the bounty.

When I put up my decorations, I can not help but think of all the past Thanksgivings. I am reminded of the blessings of family, friends and food. I look at my fall decor with a longing heart of days gone by. Yet I see hope for my future as well.

Jesus gave His life for me. This also warms my heart. I am thankful for all the blessings. I will keep my fall decorations up until December 1st. I want to be reminded that Thanksgiving is a true holiday to celebrate for more than one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment