Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Squirrel Battle

Every time I set off to take pictures, I have my peanuts handy. I enjoy watching the battles that ensue as the birds and squirrels seek to get their share of the food.

It reminds me of the battles I use to have with my brothers and sister growing up. We would battle over where we would sit to watch our favorite shows. We would battle for shot gun in the car. We battle over candies, sodas and anything else just to get on each other nerves.

I also watched my own children do the same things as they grew. Sometimes I had to intervene to keep it from an all out war. Other times I just enjoy the ingenious ways they would win.

I often wonder about what God must think about the battles He see us do everyday. I imagine He sometimes laughs, sometimes intervenes and sometimes cries.

Each day as I pick my battles, I want to seek God's guidance. But I know there will be times I will be just like the battling squirrels and make God smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment