Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Northern Harrier


The other day I decided to walk around my favorite spot at the Mariner. My count so far is 92 species of birds that has made their presence known to me. While feeding the normal residences, a hawk flew in to try her luck at one of them.

It was a good thing I had my camera ready. I just kept snapping away as she darted through the trees. Out of the multiple shots only a few turned out. So I put the best one on the MD Birding site on Face book, since I had no clue what kind of hawk I just got a picture of.

To my surprise and pleasure it turned out to be a northern harrier. So, now I am up to 93 species. It has only taken me over five years to document them, but it has been worth it.

With each new discovery, my passion for seeking a new bird at the Mariner grows. My goal is to reach 113 species. One of the other birder that visit the park often has documented that many. I would love to reach his goal and surpass it.

This other day gave me hope that I can achieve this goal. Mariner Point Park, I will see you again tomorrow. Who knows what I will see flying around.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bird! I am so glad you've found a way to use your passion for photography and writing together.

    ReplyDelete