Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Day Of Firsts


Today was a day of firsts.

I just got home from seeing for the first time an opossum crossing the road if front of the car. I have never seen one in the wild. The only ones I have seen on the road were ones that became road kills.

We were coming home from having a dinner for the first time at my son and daughter-in-law home. We been there many times, but this was the first time we were invited just for dinner.

Earlier today I caught for the first time on camera two red-shoulder hawks in a mating ritual. It was a shock because I had no clue what I was seeing until I put it on Facebook.

After this first, I headed to the Mariner. I have been going to the Mariner for many years. I have seen just about anything you can see there, until today. Going up a small path that I do not go on often, I came across a new first. A pig.

It took a few minute for me to figure out what I was looking at munching on the grass. At first I thought it was a big fat ground hog. As I got closer, it became clear it was a small pig. In fact, it turns out to be a teacup pig named Bacon, who was only five months old.

I love my day of firsts. It makes me look forward to another day. I can not wait to see what I come across tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment