Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Chase


The chase is on. The fox is a good six yards ahead of the pack. Oh, wait a minute. These are just bushes shaped like there is a fox hunt in progress. What is even funnier, is that the fox bush that is a few yards away has a bunny sitting in its shade and a mocking bird on its head.

Life is kind of funny in the same way. At first glance, we see the drama that looms ahead only to discover that it is just something that we made up in our mind. It is not real. We tend to blow life circumstances up to a scary conclusion, that we run from it in fear.

We should be like the bunny and rest in the knowledge that it is not that scary. Or, we can be like the mocking bird and poke fun at it and land on life's head. I think, I will be like the mocking bird.

There is so many thing in life I keep on chasing and there are many thing that keep chasing me. Whatever the case, I know where my refuge comes from. I can rest at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment