Saturday, October 15, 2016

Birds Of Plenty


For the past two days I have been blessed to see plenty of birds flying around the Mariner. I am trying to beat the record of another birder who has documented 113 different types of species. I am at 101 now, due to two new birds.

Yesterday, while driving into the Mariner, I came across an old friend birder, George. Every time I see him there, i know there is a new bird to discovery. He was sitting with one of his friend, cameras pointing at a post. So, I pulled over and asked what was it that they were trying to catch.

For the first time ever, I got to see a red-breasted nuthatch. Of course my camera could not compare to theirs, but I still got my picture.

The day before this, I got a shot of a black-throated blue warbler. Another first for me.

After visiting with George and Andy, We parted our way and walk around to see what more we could catch on camera. E ran across each other one more time with no new sightings. As I turn the bend and was hoping to see the black-throated warbler, I was frightened by several bird flying past me as a cooper hawk landed on the fence. My two friends were too far away to call them back. So I just took my shots.

After that blessing, I came across another birder. He was hoping to see some eagles. He ask if I had seen any this day. I had not. So we parted ways and right after he got out of sight, these two eagle came out of nowhere and start to battled. He was too far away to call out and I got this shot.

There were many other birds flying in and out of the bushes and trees. I caught a yellow-rumped, a white-breasted nuthatch, white-throated sparrow, chickadees, just to name a few. There were plenty of birds and I plan on going again today to see what I can catch on camera today.

No comments:

Post a Comment