Thursday, October 20, 2016

Coming Home


After a busy day of chasing dragonflies and other delicious insects, these Eastern Bluebirds looked forward to coming home.

It does not matter how far you travel or how long you are gone, nothing beats the good feeling of coming home. After a hard day at work, getting to seat in your favorite chair and putting your feet up, you let the tensions of the day roll off your body.

There is something about home that makes you feel safe and secure. It could be the feeling you get from your family when they greet you with open arms. In my case, I am greeted by my cat with open claws.

Another possibility is that when you walk through the door, you can close it to the world outside and retreat in to your own space. There you can fine peace from what was a hectic day.

In any case, home is where you find your heart. There is one home that I have yet to come home to. Out of all the homes that I have enter the doors of, the one leading me to God is the one that I can not wait to go through. There, I can finally say, "I am home for good."

No comments:

Post a Comment