Sunday, February 18, 2018

Big White Bird


Yesterday, after walking around the Mariner, I felt that I needed to head to Swan Harbor Farm. The last time I got some great shots of the kestrel. There was not much action at the Mariner.  So, off I went in hope of more action at the farm.

On my way in, I was not disappointed. There on the wire was my kestrel.

My day was complete. I felt I could go home with the knowledge that I got my shot for the day.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed off in the distance an eagle eating something up in the tree. I got out of my car and headed toward the tree. On the field before me there must have been at least an hundred Canada geese grazing.

When I got closer, the geese seemed to become upset and took off in droves, honking their displeasure. I starting snapping away, hoping to get some good pictures of them flying away.

Something caught my eye through the camera. There was a big white bird in pursuit of the geese. I got four shots off before the bird disappeared into the trees.

There were several other people there with their cameras and scopes running towards the spot where the action was taking place. I ask if they knew what the big white bird was. They shocked me with the answer. "It was the snowy owl."

My day was truly complete this time. Coming to the farm was the best decision ever. As I was leaving, the kestrel greeted me again. He seems to be saying, "See, I am not the only cool bird here. The big white bird is just as cool."

He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment