Friday, February 2, 2018

Groundhog Rock


The news that the groundhog saw his shadow and we are in for six more weeks of winter was not welcome. I am so ready to welcome spring.

I made two trips to the Mariner today. The first was in the morning. Hearing that the temperature was only going down through out the day, I wanted to get my steps in before it was just too cold. When I make my rounds, I am always looking for birds, rocks, and what ever else catches my eyes. There were plenty of birds and squirrels around, but, no rocks.

In fact, I have not found a rock for sometime now.

As the afternoon approached, I decided to brave the cold once again and walk around the Mariner. I walked the same path. This time I came across this groundhog rock.

So, hearing the bad news about the real groundhog seeing his shadow not making my day. Finding this rock, did make my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment