Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Grebe Surprise


After work, I headed off to a doctor appointment. From there went on base to get my meds. It was before noon and the weather was begging me to go out walking. But, where do I go?

My first thought, go to my favorite spot, Mariner Point Park. Yet, I got to thinking. I am just minutes away from Swan Harbor Farm. This is where I saw the snowy owl a few days ago. So, off I went. Nothing to report there.

When I got into my car, I sat for a few minute arguing with myself. Do I go to the Mariner or do I head off to the boardwalk in Havre de Grace? Havre de Grace it is since it was closer.

Boy, am I glad I made that decision. I did not even get half way down the boardwalk, when I spotted something new. This way a nice surprise. I knew right away that it was a grebe. What I did not know was what kind it was.


I watch it dive many times and finally catch a fish. That was cool.

I could not wait to get home to open my bird book and fine out what kind of grebe it is. My best guest? I believe that this is a Horned Grebe in its winter plumage.


This picture kind of shows why I believe this is so.

This grebe surprise was the highlight of my day. I am always in awe with the blessings God gives me each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment