Sunday, February 25, 2018

Frozen State


When the water was frozen, I walked out on the pier. Something caught my eyes. It looked like a hand was reaching out of the water. I soon realized that it was just a glove.

My first thought though was, I hope there was not a person attached to that glove. It was just there in a frozen state.

You always know that something like this gets me to thinking. There is a life application here. What could it be?

There are times in my life that I find myself in a frozen state. Sometime it is due to fears. Fear of the future, reliving the past or facing a unpleasant task. I am unable to move. I am stuck.

When I look to God, He brings a warmth to my heart and a outstretch hand to pull me out of my frozen state. He fills me with hope and new life. I can move forward again.

I can back the next day and the glove was gone. The ice had melted. I thanked God for always being there for me. With out Him, I could not move on in life. With out Him, I would stay in a frozen state.

1 comment: