Friday, April 13, 2018

Swallow Bank


The other day as I drove by the marsh, I notice on the far bank a hugh amount of activity. As hard as I could I did my best to capture it on film. There were so many and I could not figure out what kind of birds they were.


I must have taken over thirty pictures before they took to the sky. That is when I realize they were swallows. The whole bank of the marsh was covered with them. In all the years of birding, I have never seen so many in one place.


Every where I went, they were swarming the banks of each locations. This picture was at Harford Glen. It was fun watching as they flew skimming the top of the water for bugs. The next picture showed that there brown ones as well.


I came back  for several days and was amazed as the they flew back and forth, time after time without smashing into each other. Today they seem to have moved on to better banks. I only saw just a handful flying around. The swallow bank was bare.


No comments:

Post a Comment