Monday, April 30, 2018

Spotted Sandpiper 216


The one type of bird I have not seen at the Mariner are sandpipers. For year, I would search the shore line looking for any signs of these little fellows poking around the sand. I mean, there are plenty of sand and shore line. So, why was i not seeing any shore birds beside gulls?

I have seen the several different sandpipers at the boardwalk in Havre de Grace. They were spotted quite a bit around Harford Glen. In fact, I watched one roaming around there this past Sunday. The picture below is him bobbing around. I love how they move their behind end up and down constantly.



The I got today at the Mariner makes number #116 different birds spotted for me. I was so excited to add another bird to my list.

These past two days I have been seeing a lot of actions around the parks. Spotting this spotted sandpiper made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment