Sunday, April 29, 2018

Wren Meals


I never know what I will find a wren eating. This day I got him with an insect of some sort. They love to tussle around in the leaves on the ground looking for their next meal just like this picture below.


I often bring wild bird seeds with me as I walk around the Mariner. I will put a handful out on the post and watch as the birds swoop in to snatch a piece. The wren often go after the broken peanuts.


When I bring roasted peanuts with me and start to break them out of their shells, the wrens are one of the first birds to go after these broken morsels.


This wren pounded the nut to pieces. One time he got it stuck and had a hard time getting the nut off his beak. I was relieved when he did succeed.

I do so enjoy watching the wrens and the food they so often love to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment