Sunday, March 31, 2019

Eye Catch


I felt like someone or something was keeping their eye on me. There has been many times I have past this tree and looked into the hole. For years a nuthatch has called this place his home. Not this year. Something else has taken up residence.

I went by this tree several days ago. The piece of twig hagging from the mouth of the hole called me to pull it. When I did, a small growl scared the wits out of me. I jumped back and decided it was best to leave it alone.

Today, I kept my distant and was surprised to see an eye peaking out at me. I had wanted to find a squirrel nest with in reach of my camera. Here is is, just three feet above ground. I caught her eye and she caught mine.

In about 10 weeks, I should see the new residence of the squirrel family scurrying around the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment