Sunday, March 3, 2019

Snow Bunting Trip


I decided I had to make a trip to North Point State Park. Why, you ask? I wanted my shot at getting a picture of the snow buntings hanging out on the rocks. As my husband and I made our way down the pier, we were not seeing them.

We would stop every few feet and peer over the rocks. Nothing moving around. We could see the lesser scaup by the ton on the water. But no snow bunting were to be seen.

Half way down, to our surprise, nine little birds raced across the path into the grass. I knew by the pattern and color of these little guy that they were my quest for the day.

They were not the only nice surprise for this trip. There were common mergansers, bufflehead ducks and even a long tailed duck that flew past to complete this adventure. The snow bunting trip was a worth the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment