Friday, March 22, 2019

Hidden Color


One of the last bird of my list of 2018 bird count was the bufflehead. At the Swan Harbor Farm, while I made my way to the pier, I notice numbers of ducks in the distance. While I tried to take pictures of them, there was a movement just within feet of me. It was a female bufflehead.

This female entertained me for quite a while with her diving. It was not until I started to head back that the male bufflehead made his presence known. While I was taking this picture of him, I notice the colors of the feathers on his head. I always thought that they were just black and white birds. The colors were just hidden until the sun light hit them just right.

I think God created us all with colors that are hidden. It is only through His light that shines on us that the true colors appears. I know that I need His guideness and light to show my true colors. I will never look at a bufflehead again with out thinking about the hidden colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment